Sunday, May 31, 2015

Compliments I'd Like to Receive--#1

Image courtesy of people-clipart.com


It is a good morning. I finished a story last night (if a story can ever really be finished) and sent it to seven journals. I woke up feeling the satisfaction that comes with accomplishment. While drinking my coffee and reading emails, I discovered a beautiful sentence. It was written by Henry Finder, the editorial director of The New Yorker, about Jill Lepore, author and New Yorker staff writer. Mr. Finder states:

 " . . . there’s not a speck of dust on her prose."

Wow. That is a compliment I'd like to receive someday.

Carry on.


1 comment:

  1. That is a very interesting statement. Of course, if someone said that about my writing, I would probably second guess it and wonder if it meant something critical!

    ReplyDelete

Oh good, you have something to say. Do tell.